The original and still essential guide to vegetarian eating and a healthy diet. Over 50,000 paperback copies of this, the original "Food for Thought", have been sold in the UK alone. Dr Vernon Coleman gives simple guidelines for healthy eating, provides the scientific evidence proving that meat causes cancer, offers easy to follow slimming tips and lists 101 superfoods that can improve your health. (Dr Coleman was the first doctor to write warning about the link between meat and cancer.)
Dr Coleman also explains which other foods are associated with diseases. The contents include:
- Everything you need to know about carbohydrates, protein and fat
- Do you need vitamin and mineral supplements?
- Is tap water safe to drink?
- The truth about a vegetarian diet
- How to avoid food poisoning
- The truth about microwaves and food irradiation