A straightforward guide to the various forms of arthritis (including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and other arthritic disorders) written by a registered and licensed medical practitioner and containing information on pain control, drugs, exercise and alternative solutions. This is a solid, fact-filled and sensible bestseller which contains none of the tempting "here today, gone tomorrow" miracle cures that are frequently promoted in the press but found not to work!
- The facts about rheumatoid arthritis
- The facts about osteoarthritis
- What doctors can do
- What you can do to help yourself
- The facts about ankylosing spondylitis and gout
- How to control pain without using drugs
- Everything you should know about diet and arthritis
- When and why you should exercise
- Alternative medicine and arthritis
- Arthritis and exercise
- Simple, practical tips to make life better
- And much, much more
Please be aware that this is a practical, responsible, reliable, readable book, by an experienced and widely respected doctor, and contains no magical wonder cures or unsustainable promises.